The Lacon Group wishes you health, happiness and success in the New Year 2018!
We did not send Christmas cards in 2017, opting to support the "Zukunftswald" (future forest) campaign in Karlsfeld instead. At the Lacon Group head office we are donating more than 200 trees, which will be made available to the municipality to plant in the greenbelt recreational area.
Keeping to the tradition of a Christmas Letter, eagerly shared with friends and relations, we've put together a brief review of the most important events for Lacon in 2017 for the "Lacon Family".
A small puzzle with great prizes!
- A small elf has integrated an error - an important improvement for the elf - in our letter. What could it be?
- What makes Lacon attractive as a supplier of wire harnesses?
Send us the correct solutions to email@example.com and you can choose one of these presents (please state which present you would like in your email / Strictly limited - only as long as stocks last.)
- Original Rubik's Cube - How do electronics and electromechanics combine intelligently in the EMS world?
- Nacht-Wimmelbuch (“Bustling Nighttime Book” by Susanne Berner) for children - "He who seeks shall find!", we also need a "certain eye” for innovative high-tech start-ups...
- Lebkuchen cream liqueur - Tastily getting into the mood for a sweet Christmas time!
- Intelligent magnetic plasticine - There are no limits to creativity! For example, we handle the electromagnetic compatibility of our components in a structured way ...
- Vacu Vin wine pump made of stainless steel - Enjoy your favourite wine longer? With us you extend the life of your assemblies!
2nd Electronic Slam! + 2nd Hightech meets Classic Symphony concert
EMS forum of the journal market & technology
»It is almost impossible not to grow in the current climate«, is how the CEO of the Lacon Group, Dr Ralf Hasler, described the current situation in the EMS market. On 12 September 2017, he was invited to join the ranks of the top electronics service providers with Zollner and BMK, to discuss with them “Electronics services – opportunities and challenges” in the EMS forum of the market and technology.
VG defence technology certification
Official Neutrik distributor
The product range of the Lacon distributor Euroconnectors continues to grow! Since May 2017, Lacon has been the official distribution channel of Neutrik® Vertriebs GmbH: The leading manufacturer of professional and innovative connector systems operates successfully worldwide and, alongside longstanding renowned partners such as Mallory, Ecofit and Schaffner, further enhances the Euroconnectors portfolio.
Optimisation of the machinery
Number of employees has risen to over 500
“The 500 limit has already been exceeded significantly.”, said the Director responsible for personnel, Dr Andree Metzger about the number of employees that has grown steadily for several years, not only at the company’s headquarters in Karlsfeld but also in its Rumanian subsidiary. In 2016 the Group still had 450 employees, it currently has 250 in Germany and 330 in Rumania, and the planning for 2018 provides for further additions to the current personnel.
Top 20 EMS service providers
Connector Congress in Würzburg
As a varied EMS service provider, the topic of “cables” is very close to our heart: Dr Ralf Hasler did not wait to be asked twice when the invitation to the “11the Connectors’ User Congress” in Würzburg arrived. He took part in several hands-on workshops and gave an expert talk in front of a large plenum with 350 participants and 46 exhibitors from 27 to 28 July 2017 on the topic of "Qualification of wire harnesses for industrial applications”. Our cable workshops are fully up-to-date, are packed to bursting point with important insider knowledge and whet the appetite for more. Simply contact us if you are interested!