Hotmelt injection moulding technology for small and medium-sized cabling and connector batches:
- Significantly more cost-effective than other injection moulding options
- Low-pressure technology
- Aluminium moulds
- Direct application, even to sensitive components (boards, inductors, etc.)
The specifications can also be varied in terms of the softening point, operating temperature, bonding to the carrier material, viscosity, Shore A hardness, elongation after fracture and burning behaviour.
The hotmelt granulates we use are based on renewable raw materials that are solvent-free and can be worked using environmentally-friendly processes.
Typical applications for hotmelt moulding:
- Injection encapsulation of components (connectors)
- Strain relief by encapsulating the cable as it exits the connector
- Integration of electronics into cabling
- Logos and markings on the injection-moulded part
- Moderate costs, even for smaller batches
- Custom cable grommets
- Specialised cable kink protection